Frequently Asked Questions - All FAQs

FAQs - All FAQs

The Monroe County Clerk’s office, located at 39 W. Main Street, Rochester, New York 14614 (at the corner of W. Main Street and South Fitzhugh Street) can provide this information. For further information, please contact (585)753-1645.

For your protection, the Town’s policy is NOT to accept payment over the telephone.

New York State Department of Environmental Conservation requires individuals age sixteen (16) and older to obtain a fishing license. Individuals under sixteen (16) years of age do not need a fishing license, as long as they are fishing with a licensed individual.

New York State Agriculture and Markets Law requires all dogs age four (4) months and older to be licensed. Proof of rabies vaccination is required. For dogs spayed/neutered the annual fee is $9.00, and for dogs not spayed/neutered the annual fee is $18.00.

If possible, check with your neighbors, they might know where the dog lives. Call the Animal Control Office, (585) 359-7009, they may know of an owner driving around looking for the dog, can check lost dog reports, and if the dog has tags they may be able to look up the owner's information and contact them. If no owner can be located, the Animal Control Officer can pick up the dog.

Do not take a dog that you've found to an Animal Hospital, including Suburban Animal Hospital where Henrietta's holding facility is located, they will refuse to take it, you have to call Henrietta Animal Control.

If you suspect neglect or abuse (for instance the dog doesn’t have shelter from the sun, wind or cold temperatures) please call the investigators at the Humane Society at Lollypop Farm, (585) 223-6500  You can report this anonymously and they will check on the dog.

No, Small Claims must be filed at the Henrietta Town Court, which is located at 95 Methodist Hill Drive, Suite 800. For more information, please call (585)359-2640.

No, traffic tickets must be paid at the Henrietta Town Court, which is located at 95 Methodist Hill Drive, Suite 800. For more information, please call (585)359-2640.

Water bills can no longer be paid at the Town Hall. The Town of Henrietta signed a Forty Year (40) Lease Agreement with the MCWA in July, 2002. The MCWA now issues the bills to Henrietta residents, and also collects the payments. A complete listing of your payment options is located on the back of the MCWA bill. For further information, please contact the MCWA at (585)442-7200.

The Town of Henrietta does offer passport processing by appointment only.  Contact the Town Clerk’s office for information or visit the link below.

Town Clerk - Passports

Upcoming Events

15 Oct 2018
07:30PM -
Parks & Recreation Advisory Board Meeting
22 Oct 2018
04:30PM -
Town Board Workshop
23 Oct 2018
07:00PM -
Planning Board Meeting
24 Oct 2018
07:00PM -
Town Board Meeting
07 Nov 2018
06:15PM -
Library Board Meeting