The Town of Henrietta is looking to fill a TEMPORARY full time position in the Town Clerk’s Office for approximately 8 to 12 weeks beginning in May 2017. Hours are from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
This is a clerical position responsible for the completion of difficult and complex clerical and administrative assignments requiring considerable independent judgment. The use of a computer for word processing and database entry and manipulation is an integral part of the position. The work is performed with brief instructions regarding general objectives. Strong customer service skills are a necessity. The employee reports directly to and works under the general supervision of the Henrietta Town Clerk and Receiver of Taxes. Interested applicants must submit letters of interest and resumes in person at the Town Clerk’s Office during normal business hours.
Typical job duties include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- Interacting with the public;
- Performing all functions of the cash register, including daily balancing;
- Issuing dog licenses, marriage licenses, hunting licenses, and handicap parking permits;
- Processing payments for sewer bills and property taxes;
- Preparing agendas, resolutions, and packets for Town Board meetings;
- Transcribing verbatim minutes;
- Filing documentation with various agencies;
- Preparing decision letters to applicants following Board meetings;
- Advertising Board meeting notices or other advertisements in local newspaper;
- Filing and scanning records to meet New York State Records Retention and Disposition Schedule requirements and researching records as necessary;
- General clerical tasks;
- Outgoing, personable, motivating, and empathetic people person;
- Organized and structured;
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment;
- Must possess the ability to switch gears, multitask, and work efficiently and swiftly;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Willingness to learn;
- NY State Notary Public preferred;
- Friendly and happy!