The Town of Henrietta is looking to fill a permanent full time position in the Town Clerk’s Office. Hours are typically from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Qualified applicants must be residents of the Town of Henrietta and be legally qualified to become a New York State Notary Public.
Everyone in the Town Clerk’s Office performs the following job duties:
- Interacting with the public, which will require frequent jumping up and down to the counter throughout the day;
- Issuing dog licenses, hunting/fishing licenses, and handicap parking permits and collecting the appropriate payment;
- Processing payments for property taxes;
- Balancing daily Town Clerk revenue and inputting the revenue into the appropriate database/spreadsheet;
- Entering purchase orders into KVS, our financial management system;
- Scanning documents into DocuWare, our electronic content management system;
- Issuing marriage licenses;
- Taking passport photos and accepting applications as a Passport Agent (following training from the U.S. Department of State);
- Notarizing documents (if not already a notary, must be willing to become a notary);
- General clerical tasks.
Some of the main things you’ll be responsible for include, but aren’t limited to:
- Sewer billing: Creating sewer bills with information from MCWA; updating account info in sewer billing system; handling questions from property owners; coordinating between departments to create new accounts or remove accounts as needed and resolve account issues; processing and posting payments; reconciliation of sewer billing accounts;
- Dog licensing: Sending out reminder postcards, letters, and emails monthly; processing mail-in and online dog license payments;
- Dog park permits: Coordinating with Monroe County Parks Department;
- Inventory: Ordering office/cleaning supplies as needed.
- Outgoing, personable, motivating, and empathetic people person;
- Organized and structured;
- Ability to switch gears, multitask, and work efficiently and swiftly;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Friendly and happy!
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in person to the Town Clerk’s Office at 475 Calkins Road or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 6, 2018.