Town of Henrietta
DEPUTY TOWN CLERK
About Role: The Town of Henrietta is looking to fill a permanent full-time position in the Town Clerk’s Office. To qualify for this position, you must be a Henrietta resident. A little bit about us: we are a department of four in an open office setting, so we are a tightknit collaborative work family and due to the nature of the job, we all wear a lot of hats. The hours are typically from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday; however we will occasionally come in on Saturdays for passport events as we care about providing a high level of service to our fellow residents
All of us in the Town Clerk’s Office perform the following job duties:
- Interacting with the public, which will require frequent jumping up and down to the counter throughout the day;
- Issuing dog licenses, hunting/fishing licenses, and handicap parking permits and collecting the appropriate payment;
- Processing payments for property taxes;
- Balancing daily Town Clerk revenue and inputting the revenue into the appropriate database/spreadsheet;
- Entering purchase orders into KVS, our financial management system;
- Scanning documents into DocuWare, our electronic content management system;
- Issuing marriage licenses;
- Taking passport photos and accepting applications as a Passport Agent (following training from the U.S. Department of State);
- Notarizing documents (if not already a notary, must be willing to become a notary);
- General clerical tasks.
Some of the main things you’ll specifically be responsible for include, but aren’t limited to:
- Sewer billing: Creating sewer bills with information from MCWA; updating account info in sewer billing system; handling questions from property owners; coordinating between departments to create new accounts or remove accounts as needed and resolve account issues; processing and posting payments; reconciliation of sewer billing accounts;
- Dog licensing: Sending out reminder postcards, letters, and emails monthly; processing mail-in and online dog license payments; coordinating with Animal Control Officer;
- Dog park permits: Coordinating with Monroe County Parks Department;
- Inventory: Ordering office/cleaning supplies as needed.
This job might be right for you if:
- You are reliable. When you’re handed a task, there’s no need to question it will be done and done well.
- You enjoy solving problems. You might even be part investigator. You love tackling challenges head-on and if you don’t know the answer, you’re not afraid to ask questions or to dig in until you find a solution. If you notice an error, you’re going to fix it – no question.
- You don’t get flustered easily. Despite frequent interruptions, you’re able to get back on task and if you’re honest with yourself, you sort of like chaos, because it’s better than being bored.
- You are a friendly and happy person who likes working with people and treating fellow Henrietta residents kindly – after all, isn’t that how you like to be treated? Even when people aren’t kind in return, you’re able to stay calm and level-headed.
- You pay attention to details and you care about accuracy and consistency. As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, every single time. What others find repetitive, you find fun.
- You like learning new things and you can learn and adapt quickly. Last minute changes? New computer software? No problem! You know how to roll with the punches.
- You communicate clearly and are comfortable doing so, whether it be in person, in writing, or on the phone.
- You are motivated and driven. When you see a member of your team struggling, you step up without being asked.
If you’ve made it to this point and we haven’t scared you off, please prepare a letter of interest telling us about yourself and why you think you’d enjoy working here. We’d love to meet you, so bring that letter and your resume in person to Town Hall at 475 Calkins Road no later than Friday, October 18, 2019.