Frequently Asked Questions - All FAQs

FAQs - All FAQs

Construction activities are only allowed by Town Code between the hours of 8AM and 10PM. If there is an ongoing problem with construction near your property, contact the Engineering Department at (585) 359-7070 and an inspector will investigate your complaint.

Wetland buffers are required to prevent encroachment into adjoining New York State Wetlands. These 100 foot buffer areas are to remain undeveloped. The building of structures is not permitted. For further information, please contact the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation at (585) 226-2466.

The Town does not do the electrical inspection. We have two (2) outside agencies certified to do electrical inspections. Call the Building Department at (585) 359-7060 for more information

Generally not, as instrument survey maps are generated for the benefit of the parties involved in a real estate transaction. The map is not required to be on file with the Town of Henrietta or at the County Clerk’s office. If one happens to be on file, it may not be the most recent one, but would possibly be found in the Assessor’s office or the Building Department.

You can find permit fees listed on the cover page of the individual building permit applications found at the link below.

Building & Fire Prevention Permit Applications

If the project consists of the use of a “pre-engineered system”, such as a paneled-wall sunroom enclosure, or a manufactured building, engineered-stamped drawings are required. If your project consists of alteration work costing in excess of twenty-thousand dollars or affects structural or public safety, architectural drawings are required.