Frequently Asked Questions - All FAQs

FAQs - All FAQs

There are several licensed residential refuse collectors within the Town.  They do not have assigned routes.  A complete listing of those authorized to collect in Henrietta is available by visiting the link below.  A few suggestions would be to speak with your new neighbors and ask for their recommendations, ask which day of the week they service your area, contact the individual haulers to discuss their services, and prices, etc.

 There are several ways to obtain your tax information.  Please feel free to contact the Tax Receiver’s Office at (585) 359-7035 to find out the exact amount due, and the address in which to mail your payment or you can visit the Monroe County Treasury’s website at to view/pay your taxes online. 

The Town Board welcomes all input from residents and calls for any comments at the end of every Town Board meeting, at which time you would have an opportunity to address the Town Board on any matter that involves the Town of Henrietta.

You may email all of the Town Board Members at or you can access their individual contact information at


If you are comfortable talking with your neighbor, let them know the barking is disturbing you.  They might not be aware of the barking if it happens when they aren’t home.  If you don’t want to approach your neighbor call Animal Control at (585) 359-7009 with the address of the “barker” and we will send a letter to the owner making them aware of the barking and also give them a reminder of the barking ordinance.  We will not use your name/address in the letter.  Follow up with Animal Control Office and let us know if the letter helped or not.

Dogs will occasionally slip out and a responsible owner will go and get their dog, but if your neighbor lets their dog wander the neighborhood on a regular basis, that is a violation of the leash law we have in Henrietta.  You can call Animal Control at (585) 359-7009 and give them the address where the dog lives and they will send a letter to the dog owner reminding them of the leash law.  This is done anonymously.  AC can also patrol the neighborhood which may serve as a reminder to the people that let their dog wander that there is a leash law.  They may also be able to catch the wandering dog and the owner will have to pay fees to get their dog back.

There is a Notary Public available at the Town Clerk’s Office from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Please bring photo identification for each person signing a document. There is a $2 fee for non-residents. More details available on the webpage listed below.

Passport fees are set by the U.S. Department of State:

Adult passport book: $110
Child passport book: $80
Processing fee for either child or adult: $35
Pictures: $10

More information about passports can be found at the following weblink:


Henrietta celebrates Independence Day on July 4th, with events scheduled throughout the day, including a spectacular fireworks display at the Veterans’ Memorial Park, located on Calkins Road. For further information, please contact the Recreation Department at (585)-359-2540.

If the dog appears to be in distress, call 911.  You may also call the investigators at the Humane Society at Lollypop Farm - (585) 223-6500.  If you are at a store with security, such as the mall, you could also have the mall/store security page the owner.

Passport processing is done by appointment only.  You will need a valid driver’s license, and a raised seal birth certificate with a file date within one year of birth.  Please have application entirely filled out before your appointment.  If you are obtaining a passport for your child(ren) under the age of 16 BOTH parents must be present.